|HOME||ABOUT US||DIRECTORY||CONTACTS||SERVICES/PROJECTS||EVENTS||NIC||NZIMANO HOSTEL||GALLERY(Picha & Maelezo)|
The department of education in the Catholic Diocese of Kigoma coordinates all educational activities taking place in the diocese. It falls under the departments dealing with social services in the diocese, later on to be under the coordination of one office (diocesan development office).
For many years the department of education existed however, given the limited education institutions the diocese managed, it was almost not functioning. Ever since early 90’s due to the change of wind in the politics of our country, we have witnessed a number of new diocesan education institutions increasing. This necessitated the re-creation of the diocesan education department under the care of a Diocesan Education Secretary (DES).
The department deals with education for Tanzanians and of recent due to influx of refugees in our region; the department was obliged to adjust itself to deal also with education for refugees. Schools like St. Thomas More Kibogora Secondary School (Kibondo) and initiatives like Refugees Education Trust (RET), Refugees Education Services (RES) and Ahadi Institute Kigoma (AIK) were engineered by the diocese to cater for educational needs of refugees.
We provide an education that integrate real life experience and skills that contributes to competence, self–esteem of our students, thus fostering ethical services to our society for integral & sustainable development of our country and the world at large.
Excel in Quality Education, accessible to all by integrating Christian values for committed services to the society and the world at large.
Responsibilities of the Department of Education
- To register new educational institutions in the diocese according to the long–term/short-term plan of the diocese.
- To advise on the modalities of forming individual school boards and when necessary to convene the first meeting of a new school board.
- To lobby and advocate for all diocesan education institutions.
- Liaison with other stakeholders for the benefits of education programs in the diocese.
- To supervise and/or inspect whenever possible provision of quality education in individual education institutions within the diocese.
- To promote moral integrity of the Catholic church at all levels of provision of educational programs in the diocesan educational institutions.
- Promote sound Christian moral formation in all our education facilities.
- To promote education financing from different stakeholders inside the diocese and outside the diocese